- Consolidate highly fragmented product messaging
- Bring together 22 markets and multilingual sites on one system
- Enable fast and flexible distribution of local and personalized content
- Implement platform that was intuitive across a range of digital maturities
- Create store locator and booking functionalities to drive footfall to partnered opticians
- Design sprint led to development of MVP
- Agile and scrum approach for incremental development of platform
- Rapid timeline from design to live phase
- Ibexa DXP scaled to 16 markets
- Project on schedule to reach ambitious target of 22 new sites by the end of 2020
- New content deployed rapidly and consistently across range of different languages and product offerings
- Persona segmentation builds engagement through pre-automated customer journeys
- Increased footfall for partnered opticians
- Configurator will add interactive element and boost site stickiness
Essilor is the largest manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses in the world. Based in Paris, the EssilorLuxottica group had revenues of €1.74 billion in 2019. With an R&D presence in three continents and an annual research spend of more than €200 million, Essilor is at the cutting edge of innovation: its Varilux brand was the world’s first lens to allow for clear near, intermediate and far vision. One of the main objectives of the group’s digital transformation is to communicate its branding and health message more clearly to the millions of people who wear its products.
Why Ibexa DXP?
The project to bring the fragmented European market under the umbrella of a cohesive Essilor brand and SEO was an ambitious one, yet its largest markets went live on Ibexa DXP, just a few months after project kick-off. Content, design and marketing campaigns can now be deployed across the European market very easily, even for teams with small or non-existent digital teams.
The user-friendliness of Ibexa DXP also ensured that the country lists of partnered opticians could be built and amended quickly. The personalization functionalities nurture the marketing and educational touchpoints of a customer journey that is often complex and extended.