A Novel Website: How eZ helped Haugenbok create a modern online book buying experience
Haugenbok is one of Norway's largest online booksellers. In 1996, it was one of the first Norwegian bookstores to have an online shop, selling collected works of writing. In 1998, it started offering a more assorted inventory of genres online. In 2012, Haugenbok surveyed the performance of its website. The results showed long download times, weak SEO and cluttered landing pages. In light of the survey results, Haugenbok decided it was time for a redesign and new CMS. It hired eZ Partner Keyteq for the project. After a collaborative planning process, Haugenbok and Keyteq defined the following key objectives for the project:
- Modernize the look and feel of the website
- Provide a better user experience
- Improve SEO and conversion rates
- Integrate the CMS with several external systems
Haugenbok chose eZ Publish Platform to deliver a new and engaging site:
- Site traffic increased by 34% and book sales increased by 15% after launch.
- eZ’s repository enables Haugenbok to organize their vast product catalog by author, title, genre and sub-genre for increased discoverability.
- Personalized book recommendations foster engagement and drive revenue.
- Categorical search allows customers to find the books they are looking for fast.
- Swift data flow between eZ and its commerce solution and Visma ERP increases business efficiency and control over pricing and discounts.