Are you the person to take our company to the next level? This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced VP Support (m/f/d) to join a global software provider in Krakow, Poland.
The Product Support Team at Ibexa is key for our success as a company. This role will be responsible for leading the Product Support Team with the goal of structuring, enabling, running, and evolving the team. You and your team will be the contact point for customers and partners, many of which are international known brands, receiving their inquiries, analyzing, and reproducing issues, manage escalation processes, and maintaining contact with the customers and partners along the way maintaining a good relationship. You will be responsible for organizing and structuring the team, building, and maintaining routines and processes in a compliant manner and manage escalations. You will be expected to monitor the performance and quality of the team and build a high performing, customer centric team culture. The role will be a permanent member of the Executive Leadership Team. You will as such be expected to contribute to the company strategy and break this down into effective execution for the Product Support team.
- Lead and prioritize the Product Support team’s workload in a scalable and self-organizing way, support the team in everyday activities including hands on with issues to help offload the team.
- Ensure performance and quality management processes to the team’s activities are followed, by ensuring that support methods, procedures, policies, and tools are robust, tested, of high quality, compliant and fit for the purpose. E.g., ensure our tools and procedures meet GDPR requirements.
- Build and maintain effective and scalable triaging and prioritization policies and procedures and manage escalation routines.
- Recommend process improvements or changes, as appropriate to optimize efficiency and the customer experience.
- Interfacing between Ibexa and our customers and partners
- You will communicate extensively with our other internal teams, like sales and partner management, customer success, professional services, product management and engineering teams. Interact effectively with other company leaders and teams to collectively meet business goals and growth objectives.
- Ensure strong communication and operational efficiencies among the global Support team members and offices while instilling a customer-first mindset.
- Be involved in creating, implementing and manage cross-functional processes and communication paths to ensure a customer centric focus in solving product and product-related issues
- Manage training and enablement activities for the team. Both onboarding for new team members and evolving existing team members.
- Handle team administration, champion team activities and help build a high performing and customer centric team culture
- Define and continually refine the roles and responsibilities within support and ensure communication across the organization to align on expectations of the support team
- Help evolve the company strategy and break down company strategy and objectives into team strategy and objectives and turn this into effective execution for the Product Support team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a hands-on product- or customer support team
- Minimum of 3 years’ prior executive leadership experience in product- or customer support, or other related domains.
- A highly developed customer-first mindset
- Help improve the customer journey by involvement and communication
- Ability to re-assure the customer in issues and help guide them
- Know-how of long-term commercial software projects, including familiarity with development and release processes and workflows.
- Knowledge of GDPR, DPAs and other compliance frameworks.
- Highly developed strategic skills and mindset
Desired technical skills:
- Practical use of OOP, SOLID programming principles
- Firm grasp of source code management (Git and GitHub, including pull requests and diffs)
- Familiarity with testing tools (Example: Selenium, Behat, PHPUnit, PHPSpec, …)
- Understanding of PHP frameworks (Symfony, …)
- Highly proficient in analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability for clear and concise communication, both with team and individual team members
- Well evolved ability to prioritize the team based on high workloads
- Focus on quality while working under pressure
- Ease of working in a distributed international environment
- Proactive, self-disciplined, and highly motivated with a well-organized work style
- Knowledge of Open-Source Software and OSS business models
The package and opportunity:
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits
- Genuine growth/progression
- Occasional international travel
- Great work/life balance
- Fun, collaborative teammates across Europe
Take on the challenge to work within an international, innovative, and open-minded environment with flat hierarchies and dynamical teammates. Are you the right person for us? Do you want an interesting and great place to work, thrive and to nourish your professional life?
If you answer YES to the above, then we are looking forward to receiving your completed application, including CV and references via email to our VP Human Resources. You can contact her as well for any question related to the position.