We are looking for an experienced Product Support Engineer (f/m/d). The role is responsible for handling customer issues. You will be the contact point for customers, receiving their inquiries, analyzing, and reproducing issues, passing them on further, and maintaining contact with the customer along the way.
The position will be based in Cologne, Germany.
- Taking ownership of issues reported by customers
- Reproducing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing problems
- Solving customer issues or escalating them as needed
- Interfacing between customer and professional services / engineering team
- Supporting customer on how to apply required fixes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in the development of commercial-grade web-based software applications using PHP
- Know-how of long-term project work, including familiarity with development and release processes and workflows
Desired Technical skills:
- Practical use of OOP, SOLID programming principles
- Firm grasp of source code management (Git and GitHub, including making pull requests and patching with git or diff)
- Expertise in working with different operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) and virtualization technologies (VMWare, VirtualBox)
- Familiarity with testing tools (Selenium, Behat, WebDriver, XDebug, PHPUnit)
- Deep competence in profiling and troubleshooting (Firebug, Web Inspector; preferably also Blackfire.io or Tideways.io)
- Comprehensive understanding of PHP frameworks (Symfony)
- Previous experience with eZ Platform / eZ Publish is a plus
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer-first mindset
- Focus on quality while working under time pressure
- Ease of working in an international environment
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Proactive, self-disciplined, and highly motivated with well-organized work style
To put it bluntly it is about getting things done and owning what you do. We do not hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead, we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome. We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers and partners.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, friendly atmosphere.
Then we look forward to receiving your completed application in English via email to our VP Human Resources.